Operations Manager/Director of Operations
This position is responsible for managing operations and driving improvements to support the company’s continued growth and expansion. The Operations Manager will lead or play a significant role in major change initiatives aimed at developing and implementing both short term and long term strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership to achieve company profit objectives and customer service goals by optimizing fulfillment operations’ productivity/throughput levels, work scheduling and processing.
- Manage multi-facility distribution operations.
- Develop and maintain labor and productivity models that will be used to plan requirements necessary for supporting forecasted sales and receipts while maintaining service level agreements and budgeted expense ratios.
- Develop and review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Ensure departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Hire, develop, manage and motivate staff.
- Ensure consistent, thorough and timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Prepare budget for operations department and ensure execution to plan.
- Develop metrics to ensure service levels are attained while managing to planned expense ratios.
- Develop a formal communication strategy between the account management staff and individual client that ensures timely and quality information exchanges on client requirements, priorities, operational status and strategic/tactical projects.
- Desired Skills & Experience
- Effective decision making ability in a fast paced environment
- Comfortably work within tight deadlines and budgets
- Positive attitude
- Consistently explore and develop new ideas
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Management Practices and Business Applications
- Ability to present ideas in a clear manner to all levels of associates, including executive leadership, distribution center managements and associates
- The ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 7 years related experience in a logistics management role with an in depth knowledge of fulfillment operations, including experience with a high transaction operations.
- Proven operations leadership skills including leading a team with a clear vision and strategy, results-orientation, change catalyst, and developing people.
- Accountability for an entire distribution facility (fulfillment preferred).
- Facility start-up experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Company Description
Promotional Fulfillment Services, Inc. (PROMOFILL) is an industry leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider specializing in order fulfillment, product fulfillment, warehousing and distribution services for the Direct-to-Consumer, Wholesale and Retail industries. As one of the fastest growing companies in California, we attribute our success to the dedication of our staff, the culture of our company and the commitment we have in each and every client. Because of our tremendous growth, we are currently searching for talented, highly committed team members that will continue to help drive value to our clients, to our staff and to our future.
Promotional Fulfillment Services, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.